Today marks 1 weeks of being back in “the real world”. So to mark the occasion I thought I’d tell you a few reasons I decided to do a YWAM DTS (Discipleship Training School)!
- I had just graduated beauty school in December 2016 and didn’t have any plans for 2017. I felt like my life was lacking direction and purpose and it would be a step in the right direction of figuring out what it was.
- I mentally wasn’t in a super great place. I had suffered depression and anxiety, was self harming and didn’t have a stable home life but wanted to better myself so decided it was a step in the right direction.
- The idea of being a missionary and travelling the world seemed fun.
- I wanted to intentionally pursue God and build our relationship not just be Luke-warm.
- My mentor used to staff at YWAM Townsville and highly recommended me (and pretty much everyone)to do a DTS.
- Most importantly, the reason I did a Medical DTS in YWAM Townsville was because God called me there. I would have fought the idea of being in Townsville instead of overseas (and in some ways was a little hard hearted about it even once there) but now I wouldn’t change it for the world!
If you’re considering doing a DTS, I cannot recommend it enough. Even if you aren’t interested in becoming a missionary, it is an amazing tool to help you stand firm in who you are and who God sees you as; His dearly beloved. It strips you to your core and rebuilds you on what is good and true. It is a time that, if you allow it, will truly change your life. Age is not a limit and there are electives to suit every interest, not just in Townsville but all over the world!